The GuideStar Blog retired September 9, 2019. We invite you to visit its replacement, the Candid Blog. You’re also welcome to browse or search the GuideStar Blog archives. Onward!

GuideStar Blog

GuideStar Survey Reveals Drop in Philanthropy for First Ten Months of 2002


Do You Use GuideStar to Search for Grant Opportunities?


Some 70 percent of respondents answer "no." What do the other 30 percent know that they don't?

Looking for grant opportunities for your nonprofit can be a full-time job. Identifying which grantmakers are likely to support your organization's programs is a process as vital as writing the grant proposal itself. For such an important task, you can never have too many tools. One essential, often overlooked resource is the information found on IRS Form 990-PF.

Dan Moore to Join GuideStar


Daniel Moore of the New Mexico Attorney General's Office will be joining GuideStar. A nationally recognized speaker on nonprofit accountability and an instructor on nonprofit legal and ethical issues, Moore is the past president and a current board member of the National Association of State Charity Officials (NASCO).