Building on the success of five sold-out conferences in San Francisco, New York City, Washington DC, Los Angeles, and Chicago, Social Media for Nonprofits is heading to Seattle this Friday, 10/14. From there, the tour heads to San Francisco on 11/4, Atlanta on 11/17, and finally New York City on 1/30/12.
- The GuideStar Hook Up: Partners, users, and friends ofGuideStar save $20 off registration with the discount code “Star.”
- Star-Studded Cast: The Seattle program will feature the head of nonprofit relations for Facebook, Charles Porch, and LinkedIn, Bryan Breckenridge, plus NTEN ED, Holly Ross, NPower NW’s Ash Shepard, Causes’ Matt Mahan, Fundly CEO Dave Boyce, KooDooZ Founder Lee Fox, and BWF’s Emmy Award winning Justin Ware.
- Our Focus: Instead of heady concepts and theory, we’ve asked all speakers to share practical tips and tools for fundraising, marketing, and advocacy. Our format is “Twitter meets TED”— short, insight-packed sessions with plenty of time for networking.
- Such a Bargain: $95-125 (minus your $20 discount) covers your registration for the 9am-5:30pm program, meals, and the networking reception and book release party for Nonprofit Management 101.
- K.I.T., Mean It: Follow us on Twitter or Facebook to stay tuned for updates and details.
Looking forward to seeing you there and our door is always open, so please contact us with any questions or suggestions.
Darian Rodriguez Heyman
The preceding is a guest post by Darian Rodriguez Heyman, the Co-Producer & MC of Social Media for Nonprofits, and the Editor of Nonprofit Management 101. He’s the former E.D. of Craigslist Foundation and the creator of their Nonprofit Boot Camp. Darian is currently a nonprofit and environmental consultant, focusing on fundraising, board development, and messaging, and he is a frequent public speaker and keynote at conferences around the world.