You all know that we have a ton of IRS Forms 990 on www.guidestar.org. And of course we all know that 990 data is still the primary way to learn about the goings on at a nonprofit. That said, it’s also a little one-sided. After all, nonprofits are more than just their financials, and our recent Money for Good II research tells us that donors and funders want the full picture of a nonprofit.
Years ago we created the GuideStar Exchange program, in which we actively solicit nonprofits to give us additional information to help fill that knowledge gap in the sector. If you give us everything we require, we consider you to be among the most transparent nonprofits in the sector—and industry experts agree that transparency is crucial—and in recognition we grant you the GuideStar Exchange Seal.
For participating in the, nonprofits receive:
- •Transparency and credibility
- •Increased awareness/online presence
- •Increased relationships with foundations, donors, funders, and the nonprofit community at large
- The ability to tell their full story a bit easier
- Printable marketing materials
- Credit card donation capability at no cost
At the end of the day, the GuideStar Exchange advances the nonprofit sector by creating a rich database of in-depth nonprofit information. And now Seal holders receive more benefits than ever before, including:
A GuideStar Exchange Seal to place on your Web site and print materials
A promotional tool kit, which includes a sample press release, e-mail, and social media posts
- An embeddable toolbar that will allow supporters to donate $0.01 to you every time they do a search online
- A special 20% discount on online development training
Have you taken advantage of the GuideStar Exchange program yet? Get started today by visiting: http://www.guidestar.org/rxg/update-nonprofit-report/how-to-update-your-nonprofit-report.aspx.