This year, on Tuesday, December 3, 2013, we are part of a call to action that will change the calendar and help make history. We are celebrating a day dedicated to giving -- when charities, families, businesses, community centers, students, retailers and more will all come together for #GivingTuesday –- a movement to celebrate giving and encourage more, better and smarter giving during the Holiday Season that we are proud to be part of.
#GivingTuesday will create a day of giving around the annual shopping and spending season --giving’s “opening day.” Leading up to December 3, the #GivingTuesday campaign will provide a platform for you to contribute to your community and the world to help make this season the biggest giving season yet!
We invite you to be part of this celebration. #GivingTuesday will show how the world can do much more with our wallets than just consume. Here’s what you can do to help make this initiative a success:
- Have a great idea on how to give back on #GivingTuesday? Follow @GivingTues on Twitter, use the #GivingTuesday Hashtag, and watch out for our own Tweets about it @GuideStarUSA. You can also like them on Facebook and then share your idea!
- Go to the website and register to become a Social Media Ambassador at http://www.givingtuesday.org/. Social Media Ambassadors are essential to helping to grow the movement. You can become a Social Media Ambassador when you join their online social community and commit to helping grow the movement by sharing or submitting content.
- Help us promote! Here is some sample language for you:
- Perfect antidote to overspending on #BlackFriday? #GivingTuesday coming on Dec. 3! http://GivingTuesday.org @givingtues
- Have u told ur network about #GivingTuesday? It’s Dec 3, get your friends to sign up at http://GivingTuesday.org
- #GivingTuesday is coming Dec 3 - Save the Date - Want to join? Let us know! http://GivingTuesday.org
- Ever thought one day of giving thanks isn't enough? Get ready for #GivingTuesday. Coming this Tues Dec 3 http://GivingTuesday.org