Excerpted from Exempt Organizations Update
2012 Form 990 and 990-EZ—Significant Changes
This chart summarizes significant changes to the Form 990, Form 990-EZ, schedules and instructions for tax year 2012. ...
IRS Nationwide Tax Forum Information
The IRS Nationwide Tax Forums offer three full days of seminars with the latest word from IRS leaders and experts in the fields of tax law, compliance and ethics. Attendees can:
- Select from more than 40 seminars and workshops
- Earn up to 18 continuing professional education credits
- Explore the expo for the latest tax professional products and services
Click here to find locations and register. ...
IRS Exempt Organizations Wants Graduate Students for the Summer volunteer Program
Are you a graduate student interested in nonprofit law, management or policy? Are you looking for a unique opportunity to become familiar with federal tax provisions that govern many charities and nonprofits? If so, then keep reading.
The IRS Exempt Organizations (EO) graduate student summer volunteer program is an exciting opportunity to learn about the federal tax code and the projects and programs the IRS uses to promote education and enforce compliance among tax-exempt organizations nationwide.
- Current graduate students
- Concentration or interest in nonprofit law, management, or policy preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Strong writing and research skills
- United States citizens only
- Student volunteer program located in EO's HQ offices in Washington, D.C.
- Volunteers will be placed in either EO Rulings and Agreements or Customer Education & Outreach office
- 15-20 hours a week
- Unpaid, with the opportunity for school credit
Submit application packet via e-mail to email@example.com by Friday, April 5, 2013. Packet must include:
- Application form
- Cover letter
- Letter of recommendation from current or former professor or supervisor
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. Questions? Contact Pilar Jarrin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reprinted from Exempt Organizations Update, no. 2013-4, March 4, 2013