"I'd like to offer my congratulations to the Giveaway winners and my sincere thanks to everyone who filled out a GuideStar Exchange Form, thereby helping us create a valuable win-win situation within the nonprofit sector," said Bob Ottenhoff, GuideStar's president and CEO. "Participating organizations are rewarded with a richer report that can provide a more complete picture of their good works. Donors and funders benefit with easy access to more information on the nonprofits they support."
The following GuideStar Exchange members will each receive a check for $1,000:
- Brackett Foundation, Hamilton, N.Y.
- CentroNia, Washington, D.C.
- Chesapeake Habitat for Humanity, Inc., Baltimore, Md.
- Corazon Community Services, Cicero, Ill.
- The Delaware Valley Legacy Fund, Philadelphia, Pa.
- Genesis Development, Jefferson, Iowa
- Hekima Place, Inc., Pittsburgh, Pa.
- International Friendships, Inc., Columbus, Ohio
- Phillips Collection, Washington, D.C.
- Recycle-A-Bicycle Incorporated, Brooklyn, N.Y.
Although the Giveaway has concluded, nonprofit representatives are still strongly encouraged to apply to the Exchange by filling out the GuideStar Exchange Form. Note: You must have both an IRS letter of determination and an independent audited financial statement to qualify for the Exchange.
If you're not sure how the GuideStar Exchange Form can be filled out to your organization's greatest advantage, please take a look at some of these completed reports from current Exchange members:
- Citizens Foundation USA
- American Foundation For Children With AIDS, Inc.
- English at Large Inc.
- Alabama Blues Project
- Northwest Ecosystem Alliance
Patrick Ferraro, February 2008
© 2008, GuideStar
Patrick Ferraro is a freelance writer in Seoul, Korea, and a former editor of the Newsletter.