A variety of studies show that making gratitude and generosity a more regular part of your everyday life increases your sense of satisfaction and overall happiness. Yet, due to a combination of holidays and the tax calendar, most charitable giving occurs during the month of December. Why should happiness be limited to the December-month alone? We at Small Token strongly believe that giving has no season, which is why we're launching a contest to promote gratitude and reward nonprofits in January and February.
The basics for the "Giving Has No Season" contest are simple: Each week for four weeks, the 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that has received the most donations from the greatest number of Small Token users that week will receive a $5,000 donation, on top of any funds already raised within the app.
Nonprofits are encouraged to promote the contest with their supporters to maximize their chances of winning. They are also encouraged to update their GuideStar profiles with the most up-to-date descriptions of their work, as Small Token uses GuideStar data to give users access to the nonprofit of their choice.
We created Small Token to make it easy to send a gift to someone you care about by donating to a nonprofit on their behalf any time of year for any occasion. Small Token is committed to passing along 100% of the proceeds of all contributions to nonprofits made through the app, minus the standard credit card processing fee.
How it works
- The contest will run for four weeks beginning Monday, January 18 and ending Sunday, February 14, 2016.
- Each week will begin Monday at 12:00 a.m. PST and end on Sunday at 11:59 PM PST.
- The weekly prize is a donation of $5,000 to the organization with contributions from the most Small Token users that week.
- The same organization can win more than once with the potential to win a total of $20,000 ($5,000 each week for four weeks).
- All GuideStar listed nonprofits appearing in the Small Token app will automatically be entered into the contest. No further action is necessary.
- Full contest rules and eligibility to receive prizes are available here.
For more details about the contest, visit www.smalltoken.org/giving-has-no-season-contest. There you’ll find more information about Small Token as well as some suggestions for how to promote the contest in your own network of friends and supporters.
The preceding is a guest post by David DeParolesa, Head of Product for Small Token. He is focused on making giving and gratitude an everyday part of people's lives through smart, easy-to-use apps, sites, and services. He joined the company in July 2015 after nearly five years in product management and over ten years in technology.