Thanks to the ~1,000 of you who joined us on August 8, 2018, for More than Just Clicks ... How Google Ad Grants Can Support Your Mission—led by Michelle Hurtado from Google Ad Grants, Gabe Cohen from GuideStar, and Sean Kerr from Cause Inspired Media. Here is the recording of the webinar filmed on August 8, 2018, to watch at your convenience.
You brought great questions to us that we didn’t get a chance to address in the session, so we’ve answered your FAQs in detail here. We hope this additional information helps you to further unlock the potential of your free advertising grant from Google.
Our Ad Grants team is small yet our commitment is strong to support as many of you, our grantees, as possible. We hope our discussion on the importance of conversion tracking and tips to reach your organization’s goals with Ad Grants sparked some takeaways for you. Here are our top 3 tips:
- Check your Search Terms Report monthly and fine-tune your keywords by adding more relevant terms and removing some irrelevant ones by adding them as a negative keyword.
- Set up an automated rule to pause low-quality keywords with a quality score of 1 or 2 automatically
- Once you have your goals set up through conversion tracking, enable Maximize Conversions bidding in your Campaign Settings.
Please find a list of resources mentioned throughout the session below:
- Visit the Ad Grants website to review eligibility and join the program.
- Find FAQs and post your questions on the Ad Grants Community Forum.
- Read detailed AdWords support articles on the Ad Grants Help Center, including a conversion tracking guide and how to increase click-through rate (CTR).
- Watch a video overview of Ad Grants policies.
- Access video tutorials and educational livestreams by subscribing to the Ad Grants YouTube Channel.
- Receive invitations and connect with Ad Grants by opting into Customized Performance & Suggestions emails.
- Learn how your nonprofit can be matched with an account volunteer through partner universities with Ad Grants’ Online Challenge Program.
- If you’d like to work with a professional, review our current recommendations in the Ad Grants Certified Professionals Community Directory.
If you have had success reaching your goals with Ad Grants, please share your story with us.
Best of luck!
Michelle Hurtado leads the Ad Grants program at Google, which offers $10,000 per month in free advertising to nonprofits around the world.