GuideStar welcomes Lee Glenn as vice president, sales and marketing. Lee's role will include responsibilities for the development of next-generation products and services to meet the growing needs of GuideStar's current and future clients.
Lee brings more than 17 years of broad-based experience in sales, marketing, product development, strategic planning, and business development to the nation's leading data provider on the nonprofit sector. Most recently, he served as executive vice president of sales and marketing for helloNetwork, Inc., a leading supplier of Java-base streaming media technologies and services. Before joining helloNetwork, Lee led sales and product development initiatives targeting enterprise-wide technology solutions in the Global 2000 for AOL and Yahoo!
"I am excited and honored by the opportunity to be part of the GuideStar team," Lee said. "GuideStar, its products, and its talented staff have already begun to serve the diverse markets that require nonprofit information, including grantmakers, financial institutions, consultants, and the charitable organizations themselves. I look forward to building on this solid base and to expanding GuideStar's efforts to meet the evolving needs of the nonprofit sector and those who service the sector."
GuideStar launched its products and services in September 1999, when it began powering the nonprofit search for the Schwab Fund for Charitable Giving. Today, GuideStar offers six products or services based on nonprofit information:
- GuideStar Analyst Reports—in-depth financial analyses of more than 200,000 individual public charities
- GuideStar Charity Check—charity verification made easy with the seamless integration of GuideStar's search engine with IRS Publication 78
- GuideStar Data Services—customized data delivered to clients' desktops
- GuideStar for Grantmakers—complete due-diligence and research tool created especially for grantmakers
- GuideStar Nonprofit Compensation Report—two volumes of this comprehensive annual report have been issued, one in 2001 and one in 2002
- GuideStar Private Label—annual license that adds GuideStar data to clients' Web sites
A graduate of the College of William and Mary, Lee serves on the President's Council and on the executive committee of the William and Mary Athletic Education Foundation.