A new overtime rule will go into effect on December 1, 2016. Under it, an increased number of salaried employees must receive overtime pay for work exceeding 40 hours per week.
Several organizations have created resources to help nonprofit employers determine how the new rule affects them. Here are some of the ones we've come across, listed in chronological order:
- U.S. Department of Labor, Overtime Final Rule and the Non-Profit Sector.
- Venable LLC, Compensation Time? What Nonprofits Need to Know Regarding Their Non-Exempt Employees, May 17, 2016.
- U.S. Department of Labor, Guidance for Non-Profit Organizations on Paying Overtime under the Fair Labor Standards Act, May 18, 2016.
- Venable LLC, What Every Nonprofit Should Know about the New Federal Rules Likely to Cause a Significant Increase in Your Non-Exempt Workforce and Overtime Pay, May 19, 2016.
- Jason Bramwell, New DOL Overtime Rule Changes: 8 Key Questions, AccountingWEB, June 3, 2016.
- Rebecca Koenig, Answers to Nonprofits' Questions about New Federal Overtime Rules, Chronicle of Philanthropy, June 8, 2016.