Last week, we wrote about the top 10 GuideStar Newsletter articles for 2016. Today, we're looking at the 10 GuideStar Blog posts that got the most views in 2016.
Um, aren't they the same thing? you ask. Well, they do overlap. But some posts that made the newsletter list didn't make the blog list, some made the blog top 10 but not the newsletter top 10, and others ranked differently in the blog list than in the newsletter list. So we thought it worthwhile to publish our second annual GuideStar Blog top 10 (see the blog's 2015 top 10 here):
- A Brief Analysis of the Clinton and Trump Foundations, by Jacob Harold, September 12, 2016.
- FASB Modifies Not-for-Profit Accounting Rules, reprinted from the Journal of Accountancy on August 29, 2016.
- Drafting Fundraising Letters: Seven Top Tips, by John Killoran, November 25, 2016.
- Introducing the New GuideStar Nonprofit Profile, by Jacob Harold, January 20, 2016.
- How to Deal with Uninformed Nonprofit-Watchdogs Around the Holidays, by Vu Le, reprinted from Nonprofit with Balls on December 14, 2016.
- Yes, You Can Still Download 990s for Free, by Suzanne Coffman, January 25, 2016.
- The Seven Cardinal Rules of Fundraising Writing, by Jeff Brooks, July 18, 2016.
- Myths, Misconceptions, and Mistakes: The Wounded Warrior Project, by Jacob Harold, February 10, 2016.
- Stop Using These Three Common Fundraising Phrases, by Andrea Kihlstedt, November 28, 2016.
- Four Smart Ways to Avoid Burnout for Nonprofit Professionals, by Beth Kanter and Aliza Sherman, October 3, 2016.
And there you have it. We're honored that so many authors contribute to the GuideStar Blog and gratified by your response to their work. Here's to continuing both trends in 2017.
The preceding post is by Suzanne Coffman, GuideStar's editorial director.