South Korea isn’t the only place with people competing for Gold (or Platinum!). We are excited to announce the first-ever Nonprofit Winter Games, where we will be giving away more than $2,000 in donations.
February 5–March 2, we're hosting our own games for the sector. Entering for a chance to win up to $500 is as easy as posting to your organization's favorite social media channel or updating your Nonprofit Profile.
As long as your nonprofit is a 501(c)(3) OR a tax-exempt, non-(c)(3) organization that has a charitable fund eligible to receive tax-deductible donations, you can participate.
So, what do you have to do to win? It depends on whether your organization has earned a GuideStar Seal of Transparency and, if it has, which one. We’ve got games for every level of Seal holder or non-Seal holder.
Here’s a summary of the games. Check out our Nonprofit Winter Games page for details and links to the official rules for each game.
- Pass the Torch, February 5-9, 2018. If your organization is already at Gold or Platinum, share the news with the hashtag #NPOWINTERGAMES via your organization’s Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram account. One nonprofit that passes the torch in this manner will be chosen at random to win $200.
- First Time Medalist, February 12-16, 2018. Don’t have a Seal yet? Don’t despair—earn one between February 12 and February 16 for a chance to win $200. Hint: If you haven’t claimed your organization’s GuideStar Nonprofit Profile yet, get a head start by claiming it now.
- Coaching Session, February 20, 2018. Register for this free webinar to learn how to update your organization’s profile so it can compete in our next game, The Ski Jump. We’ll walk you through the process, from claiming your profile all the way to earning Platinum.
- The Ski Jump, February 19-23, 2018. If your organization doesn’t have a Seal or is at Bronze, Silver, or Gold, update your profile to at the least the next Seal level to enter competition for eight prizes ranging from $100 to $500.
- The Relay, February 26-March 2, 2018. Got your Seal of Transparency? Tag another nonprofit with the hashtag #NPOWINTERGAMES via Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram for a chance to win $200. The more times you post (tag a different nonprofit in each post), the more entries you’ll receive!
- Closing Ceremony, March 8, 2018. Check the GuideStar Blog to learn who won each Winter Game.
Get ready for the games to begin!
Jackie Enterline Fekeci is GuideStar’s marketing and communications manager.